Saturday 8 June 2019

"My First Himalayan Trek Experience" by Darshana

Experience shared by our participant, Darshana on succesfully completing her life's first Himalayan trek to Jalori Pass with Parvat Buddies from 27th May to 31st May 2019




Top of the Mountain feeling!

After lot many difficulties I managed to decide that I want to and will be able to go for my first ever trek. Of course without Parvat Buddies it wouldn't have been possible. The confidence I got from the trek leader Parin Shah before and during the trek was phenomenal. The tips given by the team ParvatBuddies were helpful in achieving the first step as a trekker.

It was an unbelievable thing for me that I was actually going to Himalayas. And yes, there I was, with my fully loaded rucksack and all the equipments. I felt like a soldier, who's going to conquer the world. Yes. The world inside me, which never failed criticizing and judging my own self and others. 

I wasn't sure how to deal with people whom I was meeting for the first time. It was a bit too much to handle, new Mountains and New People. But I guess Mountains made it all easy for us. We all had same love, same passion and same mission! That itself was the first step bonding with all.

First day of trek I was super excited in spite of hectic journey to Sajwad, our basecamp. I was so proud of myself I actually could climb that hill without any help or injury. I knew this was just a start. Later there will be more difficult routes. But I was quite confident that I'll do it.

And yes I finished our second day trek to Sojha nicely. The excitement was till the core. Wanted to have more and more mountains in my diary. And my new friends were making my journey more easy and enjoyable. I was all ready for my next day trek to Raghupur fort from Jalori pass.

But reality was different. I never felt so helpless and exhausted before. It was a weird situation. I thought I could just faint that day and will never wake up. I tried to gain energy though my inner me but I wasn't able to find anyone there. I was feeling so empty. I was not able to understand what is going around. Don't know the exact reason but may be lack of sleep and the weather. I hated myself for being so unhealthy and unfit. I couldn't even walk for more than ten steps without break whereas everyone was walking nicely with their heavy rucksacks. I was broken. 

We always say, he/she was standing like a rock besides me. Even I got someone who was always standing besides me not like a rock but like a mountain - who made it possible for me. Parin. I can never thank him enough for his support, his patience and his determination for each participant.

I couldn't have completed my trek successfully without Parin. He is my ParvatBuddy in real means. I wish I can become like him one day. I have learned so many things during this trek from mountains and from each and everyone I shared my journey with. I thank all of them for making this journey indelible for me. And special thanks to Team Parvatbuddies! Keep it up guys, to move the mountains!!


No comments:

Post a Comment