Monday 8 February 2021

A Poem by Vedant

After my exams, I thought of relaxing my brain,

To keep it fit,healthy and sane,

The next thing I did was- boarded a train.


My plan was to go for a trek,

With enough water that would refuel my neck.


We were a group of 8 people,

And our common aim was to climb the steeple.


We were walking on the tracks with eyes as sharp as an eagle,

Dodging all the stones that were coming in the middle.


The trees were waving their flags in glee,

While watching those one got hurt on his knee.


It was difficult for me to jump and land,

As the steps looked to be made up of sand.


If we slipped by chance we would have fallen into the valley,

With the path being as narrow as an alley.


The sky was complete blue and clear,

With flowers dancing in the wind looking so dear.


The steep climbs held the ladder,

While the walks were on tha lands which were more flatter.


The mountain had many carved and weathered rocks,

It was a rare sight to see shoes wearing socks.


The gusty winds had almost blown away my cap,

It was better not to follow the Google map.


Such a beauty the nature had got,

Which for a second made me thought.


Many people have lost their lives in war,

But this was the sight to die for!!






- A poem by Vedant Jogidasani

Date: 6th Feb 2021 - Hike to Peb Fort

No comments:

Post a Comment