Tuesday 13 February 2024

Alang Fort Trek Experience by Param

Ek chota sa tribute to express my gratitude PB group...

I was out trekking over the weekend at Alang off the Kasara Nasik highway. It is apparently one of the toughest, most gruelling treks in Maharashtra. 



The 2 days and 2 nights were humbling, exhilarating, full of fun and adventure beyond my comfort zone.


To say that the way up to the camp site was fraught with danger would be an understatement - one wrong step and anything could have happened.. Some parts of the track were essentially where waterfalls would have been during the monsoon.  I  pushed myself to my limits and take all the tests that were being thrown at me - from the snapping of one belt of my heavy rucksack and trying to balance myself and braving through the increasing pain in my shoulders, back and lower limbs (knee and below), it gave me insights into my hidden reserves of strength and determination.


When we reached the campsite at 5.30pm and sat down to watch the sunset, my first instinct was to thank the almighty and every cell of my being for helping me pull through phase 1 of the test.


Watching the sunrise from the summit the next morning was both a divine and picture perfect experience. I prayed again to the almighty for the wonderful opportunity and also  give me the strength to experience a successful and incident free descent.


While the descent was trickier due to added pressure on the knees and back, a cant thank my co-trekkers enough for their constant support and encouragement as I had to take frequent breaks to keep myself hydrated and give myself a bit of rest every 30 odd mins.


The long walk to the waterbody and the time we spent as a group taking a nice cool dip was a rejuvenating experience. 


My learnings from the trek :


1. It is a small world - met Rajat, one of our gurus from Chiranjeev Gurukul (a community that is striving to bring back Eternal Indian wisdom into our lives in its own way) and had some great conversation.


2. When your heart and mind are in tune and conditioned to face challenges, nothing can stop you from achieving your goal / purpose.


3. Spending time in the lap of mother nature is the greatest blessing.


4. Love, gratitude and contentment are the highest form of emotions and when you pray with these emotions, you are heard.


NB - my body is still sore from the trek but every moment of pain also fills me with a sense of achievement.












No comments:

Post a Comment