Tuesday 16 July 2019

"My First Mountain Trek & My First Blog Ever!!" by Shilpi


My First Mountain Trek - Jalori Pass Trek and my first blog ever!!

“The best way to experience nature is to be in it !” That’s exactly what I did during Jalori Pass trek from 26 May to 1 June 2019. I’m grateful to Parvat Buddies for making me one of ‘parvat buddy’!

Though it was my first trek, something inside me knew, I could do it! With this thought, I was ready to embark an excursion destined for this part of my life away from my busy city life schedule.
It all started from making new friends, taking the less travelled roads and overnight star gazing from the bus. We reached Sajwar village, our base camp where we were transformed into ‘uniformed’ trekkers for our trek to start from 8600 ft above sea level climbing up to a height of 10800 ft and returning. And, in between all this SIMPLY HAVING FUN!!



Nature hasn’t been so beautifully experienced by me before this. Lush greens, transparent and purest water streams, bluest skies, whitest clouds, natural browns of Mother Earth, the early morning haze, brightest sun, millions of stars (lucky enough to watch a shooting star too!!), layers and layers of mountain ranges, beautiful meadows and panaromic views - everything simply in abundance!!

Carrying 7 kg on our shoulders, we started our trek of 4 days from our base camp.

Day 1
Beside a river stream and through the woods uphill, we trekked to Sojha village, our day 1 camp location. We were made to do yoga before we could actually hop into our evening snack - Maggi!! Post dinner, lying on the grass in our sleeping bag under the sky only to gaze the stars was a memorable moment of the day!

Day 2
Trek on the road from Sojha Village to Jalori pass and then uphill to Raghupur Fort. Jalori pass to Raghupur fort was an amazing route through the woods and then climbing up a hill to feel heavy winds and to get a 360 degree view of mountains ranges including snow peaked. To feel that beauty of Raghupur fort, one has to simply be there which I could only attempt to capture in multiple pics and videos! Spending a night at day 2 camp location somewhere between Jalori and Raghupur was another memorable experience. I really enjoyed my chit-chat along a bonfire and star gazing with Himachali team who cooked for us and carried all the camping stuff for us. We slept shivering in cold weather and wondering overnight if the tent would be blown away by winds outside.



Day 3
Luckily we got up for Day 3 trek, with a beautiful sunrise. Trek from our camp site to Sreolsar Lake via Jalori pass. Again trekked through the woods to reach a holy water body where we had our next camp site. This was where we enjoyed around the lake area and also danced on Himachali songs with Himachali people.



Day 4
Today was the day to climb down to base camp which meant last day of our trek. We knew it was not over yet and wanted to enjoy the most of it! Me and few of my friends enjoyed clicking, made boomerangs, slow-mos all over the beautiful mountains only to realise that the entire group left us behind. Still managed to enjoy every moment of our climb down along a water stream, mesmerised at how God had beautifully united all the different colours of nature!! In few hours, we reached our base camp only to realise that these four days just got over in a blink of an eye..



This trek was definitely a testing time of my abilities, building up stamina, overcoming fears, strengthening my will power, achieving heights, reaching to the top and safely returning (even though tanned ;) ) rejuvenated, refreshed, revived and energised loaded with memories !

Thanks to Parin, Bhavik and all other parvat buddies who made the trek easy and enjoyable....And, I’m hungry for more!

1 comment: